Alright, alright... I started this thing with grand ideas of posting regularly, and I have failed miserably. I've jut been too busy. I guess I'll just have to start getting up a bit earlier to give you a piece of my mind. Several things I wanted to post about but couldn't find the time...
1. There was real celebration at O'malley's cabin when the local Fox affliate recently aired two color episodes of The Andy Griffith Show that actually had Barney in them (Episodes 211 and 212). I hadn't seen them in years. These "color barney" episodes are much better than the usual Howard-laced tripe that the color episodes usually are. The episodes, however, still don't measure up to any of the black and white run. They make Barney out to be the most worthless character ever, which just isn't right. Sure he's a pathetic in his own way, but he shouldn't be a tragic figure. I'll have to research this and find out what happened to the writers of that show at the advent of the color age. Something dramatically took a turn for the worse.
2. Meanwhile, the convicts at O'Malley's were left to ponder why Natalee Holloway's family felt the need to so publicly vent on FoxNews with Greta Van Susteren. I can see their wanting to keep the case alive and at the forefront of the news so as to help find their daughter; I can see their wanting to publicly chastise the Aruban government and lobby for help from the U.S. governmentut. But to get on national television and talk about your feelings and what its like to go through this whole ordeal - I just don't get it. I would think this would be an intensely personal experience that you wouldn't want to air to everyone and their step-sister, but what do I know.
Don't get me wrong, I feel absolutely terrible for the family and hope and pray for the best for them. I don't say this as a criticism - noone can truly know what they are going through, and hopefully we won't ever be put in such a position. I just find it an interesting way of dealing with it, and of course, the media, has been eating it up.
Anyway, hopefully I will be able to post more often. I already have a few topics that I know I want to post on - now if I can just find the time...
1. There was real celebration at O'malley's cabin when the local Fox affliate recently aired two color episodes of The Andy Griffith Show that actually had Barney in them (Episodes 211 and 212). I hadn't seen them in years. These "color barney" episodes are much better than the usual Howard-laced tripe that the color episodes usually are. The episodes, however, still don't measure up to any of the black and white run. They make Barney out to be the most worthless character ever, which just isn't right. Sure he's a pathetic in his own way, but he shouldn't be a tragic figure. I'll have to research this and find out what happened to the writers of that show at the advent of the color age. Something dramatically took a turn for the worse.
2. Meanwhile, the convicts at O'Malley's were left to ponder why Natalee Holloway's family felt the need to so publicly vent on FoxNews with Greta Van Susteren. I can see their wanting to keep the case alive and at the forefront of the news so as to help find their daughter; I can see their wanting to publicly chastise the Aruban government and lobby for help from the U.S. governmentut. But to get on national television and talk about your feelings and what its like to go through this whole ordeal - I just don't get it. I would think this would be an intensely personal experience that you wouldn't want to air to everyone and their step-sister, but what do I know.
Don't get me wrong, I feel absolutely terrible for the family and hope and pray for the best for them. I don't say this as a criticism - noone can truly know what they are going through, and hopefully we won't ever be put in such a position. I just find it an interesting way of dealing with it, and of course, the media, has been eating it up.
Anyway, hopefully I will be able to post more often. I already have a few topics that I know I want to post on - now if I can just find the time...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home